Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eclair Cake

Last week a tried a new dessert recipe at the request of my mom. I found a great recipe on allrecipes.com. I ended up choosing a recipe called Eclair Cake and it was delicious! It was so easy and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare... no baking required. 


I've made this recipe twice; here are some tips: 
   1. Do not use skim milk. I bought a small milk jug of 2% so I didn't have to buy an entire gallon (I usually drink skim). 

   2. Let the cake set in the fridge for at least 3 hours (minimum). The longer it sits in the fridge, the softer the graham crackers become (it's key to the recipe). 

This has become my go-to dessert recipe. Everyone loves it and there's never any leftovers. Enjoy! 



{ mix together 2 packages of vanilla pudding... do not use skim milk. Opt for 2% for the richness } 


{ fold in 1 tub of Whip Cream } 


{ mix the pudding and whip cream mixture for 2 minutes } 


{ grease a pan with butter, add one layer of graham crackers, layer 1/2 pudding mixture... repeat these two layers and finish with a third layer of crackers } 


{ heat unsweetened coco powder, sugar  and milk until smooth... remove from heat and add butter & vanilla... pour on top } 

No comments:

Post a Comment