Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Cookin'

I've always been curious about making a home made pasta sauce. I've been following a blog called Elefantitas Alegres for about a year now and was enticed by a recipe the blogger (Kate) posted. The recipe called for home made turkey meatballs with a home made roasted red pepper tomato sauce.

Commence the cooking...


{ I was hesitant to roast the peppers this way, but the recipe said it would work } 


{ burners are multi-functional } 


{ it's working! } 


{ I used ground chicken because that's what I had in the freezer. Ingredients: ground chicken, basil, grated parmesan, spinach, salt, pepper } 


{ roasted cherry tomatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes } 



{ time to puree } 


{ mmm! } 

Okay. I admit that I forgot one or two key ingredients in the sauce recipe. The sauce had a very strong red pepper taste, but had a good texture. I think if I add the missed ingredients next time, it will be a dynamite sauce! 

** Please be aware I did not take photos of every step. 

The recipe was  pretty time consuming, but I felt very satisfied with the fact that everything was made from scratch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment