Monday, February 28, 2011

Lemon & Blueberry Muffins

This past weekends my in-laws were in town to visit. No visit is complete until we shop at the Michigan Avenue Crate & Barrel. While there, I pointed out to hubster this cookbook that I've been longing for. Little did I know that my mother-in-law took note. She surprised me with the book later that night over dinner! She bought me "Easy Breakfast & Brunch". Breakfast/Brunch is a family tradition (on my side). There is nothing better than waking up on a Sunday morning to dad cooking breakfast. I personally love his peppercorn bacon, cinnamon french toast and potatoes-o-brien. Perfection.

{ photo from CrateandBarrel.com } 

I made my first recipe from the book last night. I baked lemon blueberry muffins and they were delicious! I used fresh lemon juice and a little bit of the lemon zest to flavor the homemade batter, as well as fresh blueberries. 




Next on the recipe lineup: cornmeal and bacon breakfast stacks

No comments:

Post a Comment