Monday, May 16, 2011

Coffee Time

Yesterday I met up with a friend/old co-worker for a cup of coffee. I ventured north (way north) to Metropolis. This was my first time going to Metropolis and I have to say I'm a fan. The location was roomy, yet quaint. My only gripe is that I sat in a very hard folding chair. 

I love trying new coffee places, but find that I rarely have the time to sit and truly enjoy a cup of coffee. At Metropolis, I ordered a slice of the lemon bundt cake and wish I took an additional piece to go. It was fantastic. Without giving it much thought, I ordered a medium nonfat mocha. To my surprise, the barista poured the mocha into a low, round cup and made a fancy design in the cream. = ) 


I have a new appreciation for coffee shops that that take the time and give their customers a wonderful visual delight. It was so nice not to drink out of a paper cup for once! I just wish their was a Metropolis closer to my place. 

It was so nice to catch up with my friend Alex. It was long overdue and we'll have to do it again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment