Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cubs Squared

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending two Cubs games. I went with a bunch of co-workers to the game on Friday and the Cubs managed to pull out a big W. The day started out great... 70 degrees and sunny. By the time we left for the game, it was 52 degrees, cold and windy. That's Chicago for you. Temps can drop 20 degrees in a matter of 30 minutes. Typical. 

The seats weren't great, but they were free... can't beat that. 


This year one of my *favorite* pizza places in Chicago started selling mini deep dish pizzas at Wrigley. Diagastinos (aka DAGs by locals) is one of the best places to eat pizza in the city. The mini deep dish cost $6.50 but I consider it a steal at Wrigley. So delicious and filling. Next time you visit the Friendly Confines, I highly recommend you eat a DAGs pizza. 


I also went to the Cubs game on Saturday for my BFF's birthday. I'm embarrassed to say this, but we all left after one inning. Crappy does not even begin to describe the weather. Cold, windy, and wet... the rain was more of a mist, but it was blowing right into us and our amazing section 235 row 1 seats. There was no way I could sit through the whole game in that weather. 


{ K was trying to make the best of the situation... the others were just trying to stay warm } 

We ended up going to a local bar to have some birthday drinks and cake. All in all, it was a fun night with some great friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment