Monday, October 31, 2011

Mac & Cheese FTW!

Remember two weeks ago when I said I was going to make Buffalo Mac & Cheese for dinner? Well, I didn't. But, yesterday I got to thinking that Mac & Cheese sounded really good for dinner this week. I hit the SOPO (aka Southport) Jewel Osco to pick up a few ingredients and tonight was dinner magic!

Of course, I always say BYOC (be your own chef), so per usual I made a few substitutions.

I had fresh chopped leeks in the house, so I used it instead of celery.

I kept the chopped onion (on, how I love onion!)

I didn't have dill, onion powder (shocker), etc. The only spices I used were 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. chili powder and 1/4 tsp. paprika. Also, I had hot sauce in the fridge instead of actual buffalo sauce.

I wasn't in the mood to cook and cut up chicken, so I omitted it. Because this is a healthy version of mac and cheese, I used turkey bacon instead of the oh-so-delicious pork kind.

Overall, it was a yummy dinner. Hubster even said I could make it again (score!)... of course, he had a few recommendations for next time (like bleu cheese?!).










High quality photo & recipe from Courtney of Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life


I can't wait to make this recipe again. FYI, it only makes an 8x8 pan full... great for dinner, but doesn't leave much for lunch leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment