Monday, August 15, 2011

5 Ingredient Fix

Do you watch the Food Network show '5 Ingredient Fix'? If not, you need to start! Claire Robinson creates tasty dishes with only 5 ingredients. Some ingredients are freebies, things that are considered kitchen staples like salt/pepper, olive oil, etc.

On my walk home from work tonight, I tried to figure out what I should cook for dinner. I wanted to use the cherry tomatoes that I just bought the night before, but I still had no clue what to make.

After staring in my pasta cabinet for 5 minutes, I decided to make my very own version of a 5 Ingredient Fix. I called it Pasta Italiana!

Ingredients:
  • pasta (I used small bow tie)
  • minced garlic (I keep a jar in stock...it's faster and easier than chopping fresh)
  • cherry tomatoes
  • parmesan cheese 
  • lemon
Freebies
  • EVOO
  • salt
  • pepper


Recipe
Cook your desired amount of pasta to al dente. Meanwhile, saute cherry tomatoes cut in half in a swirl of EVOO. Season with salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup EVOO, 1/2 lemon and garlic to taste.

Slowly drizzle dressing over your cooked pasta, tasting until you have your desired amount (it's all based on your preference....BYOC=be your own chef). Add sauteed cherries and top with a little bit of parmesan cheese. Voila! Simple, fast and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment