Thursday, September 8, 2011

Veggie Craving

Call me crazy, but I've been obsessed with veggies lately. 3 months ago I tried sauteed mushrooms for the first time and have been hooked ever since.

Hubster likes to buy a lot of fresh veggies, but sometimes they go bad before we eat them all.

I didn't get home from work until 8pm tonight and didn't really eat a dinner. As I was staring into my fridge trying to figure out what to make for myself (hubster had his monthly 'boys' dinner tonight), I saw a ton of veggies staring right back at me. I thought, why not just saute some veggies for dinner? Behold...

Quick Veggie Skillet
  • WHATEVER VEGGIES YOU HAVE IN YOUR HOUSE! 
  • Your favorite seasoning 
It's that simple. Here are the ingredients I used tonight: 
  • mushrooms (yum)
  • cherry tomatoes
  • broccoli
  • chopped onion (leftover from a meal earlier in the week)
  • minced garlic (see below)
  • EVOO or a small scraping of butter 

Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. It just looked too good and I ate it right up! This fool-proof recipe is now a staple in my go-to quick meal memory bank.

Also, if this ingredient is not in your pantry, put it on your next shopping list:


For real. Buy this now. This ingredient has changed the way I cook. First of all, I love garlic. Fresh garlic is delicious, but let's be honest... it's a pain in the buttocks to chop. Who has the time and who likes it sticking to their fingers? Not me!

This jar was a mere $3 bucks and lasts for a long time. I use this jarred garlic for salsa, chicken, tacos, veggies... you name it. It's an instant boost of flavor and saves so much time. Hook yourself up with a bottle.

How do you like to cook veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment