Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week in Pictures

A week in review via photos...

Hubster and I competed in the Warrior Dash - Upper Midwest Competition last Saturday. It was a 3.08 mile race with all sorts of obstacles... walls, bear crawling, water, jumping over fire and crawling through a mud pit. It was awesome! I did acquire a few bumps and bruises, but totally worth it in the name of a medal. 


If you keep up with my blog, you know I've been on a home made pizza kick (see here and here). When I was at the grocery store last week, I picked up a whole wheat Boboli pizza crust. Later in the week I made a pizza with just the ingredients I had at home. 
  • Barilla Pizza Sauce
  • grape tomatoes
  • scallions
  • white onion
  • turkey bacon
  • mozzorella cheese
  • spinach




On Friday, hubster had a cameo on the Mike & Mike show - live from the House of Blues. He got up at 4am (thus, I got up at 4am) to head down to the HOB for a live taping of Mike & Mike. Knowing hubster, he knew he was going to be on tv and was 'keeping it cool, baby'. 


Earlier today, hubster and I headed out of the city to the burbs to watch my nephew play football. They lost, but he made the first tackle, caused a fumble and had a sack! 

In case you're wondering, yes, he's holding a snake. Some idiot mother brought her pet snake to the game and sat right next to me. In true Midwest Sass form, I gave a stern look of disapproval and moved away from her. 

My nephew apparently is obsessed with the snake. Go figure. 


Of course, I saved the best for last. I have a head cold from hell. Two of my co-workers have confirmed strep throat and 1 more went home sick on Friday (like me). I hauled myself to the cleanest (not closest) Minute Clinic to get a strep test. Overall, it was a great experience and I tested negative for strep (amen). Per the RN's request, I'm on Robotussin DM, Riccola with honey, ibuprofen and a nasel spray. 

Let me tell you, I've been looking hot, like a hot mess for the past 2 days. Hubster had a whole date day planned for the both of us today, including a pumpkin patch... but had to pass because apparently I'm a walking zombie who falls asleep on the drop of a dime. Boo. 



At least there's a Chopped marathon on the Food Network right now. It's just me, the couch and a box of Kleenex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment