Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hello, beautiful!

Last Christmas I received a $25 gift card to DSW from the in-laws. To me, gift cards do not burn a hole in my pocket. I usually keep them for an extended period of time and use them when I'm a bit down on money.

As soon as I opened the gift card, I knew I would save it for the start of the next school year to buy new riding boots. Well ladies and gents, that's exactly what I did. Last week I went to DSW in Lakeview and tried on a gorgeous pair of Nine West leather boots. Earlier in the day I told a co-worker about my plan to visit DSW and she ended up giving me a $5 off coupon she didn't plan to use. Woo! Instead of $25, I had $30 in credit!

This rarely happens, but I ended up buying the very first pair of boots I put on. I looked at other boots, but the Nine West boots had a low heel (a necessity for city girls w/ all the walking we do), the color was perfect and they were comfy.

Is it boot season yet? I can see already see the possibilities...skinny jeans, leggings, tights with dresses and skirts. I'm ready for fall. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment